Posted by: Johan | 2012-09-19

Extreme pain when eating or drinking anything

About two weeks ago, I ate dinner (surprise surprise...) but it was one of those Dr. Oetker TV meals that you pop into the microwave and then eat. When eaten, it had got stuck in my oesophagus for about three to four minutes while burning me. It got stuck precisely inline with my diaphragm. Two weeks later, and still ongoing, I get an extreme burning sensation when I eat or drink anything, and it passes through that point where I had burned. What could it be, and what should I do?

You will have to consult a general surgeon for a gastroscopy to have a visual investigation. It is possible that you are suffering from a hiatus hernia or gastro oesophagial reflux. The insidence with the food can merely be co-incidental. In the interim, you can use Gaviscon Plus to alleviate your symptoms.