Question
Posted by: Will | 2009-01-07

Extreme pain in bones

I would just like to find out what the possible cause can be for an extreme pain I am experiencing in the bone in my upper right leg (the femur?). It feels like the pain is on the inside of my leg, in the bone - definately not a muscle pain. And it is worse when I sit down for a long period of time, it almost feels as if my leg goes numb. The pain originates from an area right below my hip joint, and runs all the way down to just above my knee. Any idea what this might be? P.S - I did not do any strenuous exercise before this pain started, so I doubt it could be an exercise related injury....

Hi Will
this can be a referred pain from the hip ( arthritis or inflammation of the hip) or from the lower back ( pinched nerve). Let your doctor have a look as you may need x/rays