Question
Posted by: blossom | 2009/06/15

EXTREME PAIN FROM HAND TO ELBOW

i have worked for many years on a computer, and now at age 52, i have developed some arthritis in the right hand. after that, i have had aching pain from the hand to the elbow, and i cannot even sleep on that side. The actual bone joints are sore. can you help - I am NOT on medical aid?

Expert ImageShoulder Doc

Dear Blossom,

it is not possible for me to make an exact diagnosis of the problem you have with your hand with the history only, you will have to see somebody to examine you and you will require an X-ray at least to help in solving the problem. You may for example have arthritis in the wrist and that will be apparent on an X-ray
Regards,

Dr Joe de Beer

1
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/06/30

AFTER CAR ACCIDENT IN DECEMBER 2008, I HAVE A PLATE AND 10 SCREWS IN L HUMERUS. I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT THE BONE IS NOT KNITTING AND AM IN CONSTANT PAIN. I HAVE A METALS ALLERGY, COULD THIS BE CAUSING THE SEVERE PAIN?