Posted by: SLG | 2009-09-29

Extreme pain continues after spinal fusions

I have had two spinal fusions over the passed 4 years but still suffer terribly from pain.I have recently had a CT scan,mylogram etc and am advised that all is structurally fine.
However,I am forced to take schedule 5 painkillers on a fairly regular basis.As I don' t want to have all these chemicals in my body and/or messing up my stomach,what can you suggest I use for the chronic pain?
I would appreciate your assistance.

Expert ImageArchive

Hello SLG,
You need a thorough evaluation of your condition. Spinal fusions which may be very necessary will ultimately cause strain on the remaining moving parts of the body. These are not always observable by means of a scan.
I would advise you to consult your nearest osteopath.
For more information on osteopathy visit

Dr Guy Ashburner Osteopath