Question
Posted by: Riandie | 2009-04-23

Extreme Pain and Lond Periods

Good morning.
I have always had irregular periods, my GP put me on the pill and I have been on it for 2 months now. The first month was great, my period stopped and started again accordingly. but unfortuantely it hasn' t stopped again, I am almost thru my second month' s pill. Why am I still having a period even on the pill? I also have extreme pain and cramps (I have never had them) I wake up at night and these huge " blood clonts" (10cm long and 3cm thick) will come out. Please help as I cannot take this pain anymore.
Thank you so much.

You should see a gynaecologist. You may have endometriosis or some other problem with your uterus.