Posted by: Annemie | 2013-02-05

Extreme fatigue - no period

Dear GynaeDoc

I am a 24 year old female about 7-10kg overweight. My normal menstrual cycle is usually VERY long (about 34-40 days). This month however I am already at day 52 since my last period. I don''t have any period symptoms either, but I am experiencing extreme fatigue. I am a student and classes started yesterday, but I couldn''t even get myself out of bed to go - so not like me. I get up at 7am (after about 7hours sleep) and then I can''t keep my eyes open. I go back to bed again and sleep till 11am. And when I wake up then I am STILL tired! I also feel a heavy feeling on my lower abdomen.

Thanks for your time.
Kind Regards

It sounds like you are not ovulating. It is also possible that you have an ovarian cyst. I would suggest that you see a doctor. If you are sexually active, pregnancy is another possibility.