Question
Posted by: Karen | 2010-09-30

Extreme Fatigue

I have been diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritus about 4 years ago and have been under the care of a rhumatologist from the time of my diagnosis.

For the last couple of weeks I have been feeling extremely tired, so much so that it feels as if can fall asleep in front of my computer at work. I feeld dead tired and I''ve never felt like this before. No matter how little sleep I get, when i up I''m on the go and do not have a problem and definitely do not feel as tired as I do currently.

the weird part is that my sleeping has improved therefore it is definitely not due to a lack of sleep and this tiredness feels different from the tiredness that usually accompanies lack of sleep.

I have been on the same coctail of medication for the last 18 months, therefore I also do not think the fatigue is due to my medication. For informatiion purposed I use the following for treatment of the Rheumatoid Arthritus: 8 x Methrotrexate once a week, Arava - 1 a day, Lyrica - 150mg a day, Arcoxian - 90 mg a day, Solozophyrine - 4 tablets a day and folic acid to counter the effects of the medication.

What could possibly be the reason for the extreme fatigue?

Hallo Karen
The most common causes of fatique are iron deficiency anemia, thyroid problems, blood sugar problems or depression. You may need to have some blood tests done to check your iron levels, blood cell levels and thyroid. Please discuss with your rheumatologist or GP

2
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-09-30

Hallo Karen

Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-09-30

Hallo Karen