Question
Posted by: Minkie | 2010-08-30

Extreme Fatigue

I am a 22 year old female. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia about 4 years ago and have been on ethipramine 10mg ever since. For a while now I have been experiencing extreme fatigue even though I sleep 8 or more hours every night and sometimes during the day. When I wake up I don''t feel refreshed. This is having a really bad effect on my studies seeing as I can''t concentrate. When I am this tired I usually get a headache. I wasn''t always this tired. I also have been sick for most of the time since mid july and only recently my symptoms started to dissapear after my 3rd round of anti-biotics. A doctor sugested that a poor diet can be the cause, but I have maintained the same diet for a few years and never has it been this bad. Can it be that my FMS is getting worse or can something else be to blame?

Hallo Minkie
You may have an underlying Ebstein Barr or Coxackie virus infection - can be checked with blood tests. Check your iron levels and thyroid function too while you are drawing blood.
It may also be worth your while to see a rheumatologist to evaluate your fibromialgia again.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-08-30

Hallo Minkie