Question
Posted by: TK | 2009-06-03

Extra procedure during c-section

Hi Doctor

Is it possible to have the contraceptive device put in (the one that lasts for 5 years or so) during the same operation as your c-section? My baby is due in 5 months, and I don' t want any more, but I have bad mood swings and side effects with the pill and other contraceptives, so I want to try this option.

TK

Usually the IUCD is inserted 6 weeks after delivery. It has been tried having them put in at the time of caesarean, but you would have to discuss with your doctor whether he/she has experience with this.