Posted by: Jade | 2011-02-21

Extra moisture to your skin

I went for a facial this week-end and was told that my skin is slightly dehydrated. I use good products and I was wondering how one can add extra moisture ? would a spritzer with rose water/water moisture before moisturising help ?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Jade, thank you for the question.

One can definitely try either using a spritzer immediately before applying your moisturizer or after washing your face. However it may be that the product you are using is not moisturizing the skin enough and one may have to consider an alternative or an ‘add on’ (such as NeoStrata Bionic Face Cream).

Furthermore if you are using an exfoliator or rough scrub I would consider stopping it as this may be potentiating the problem (skin should never be ‘squeaky’ clean. One should also check that the face wash you are using is not too ‘aggressive’ for your skin (removing too much natural oils).