Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/06/17

External piles

Dear Doc

I went to my dr on 18 May for sinus &  IBS. Had piles due to constipation. Used scheriproct supps for 5 days, it helped but then came back. Piles are outside and extremely painful and bleed everyday. Using a steriod ointment and witchhazel but still in pain. Drink Lacson/duphalac nightly. Is there any other treatment I can use?

Dear Anonymous
Try Proctosedyl and ice packs to shrink the swelling. It also helps to lie down ( stay in bed) for a day or so to take the pressure off the area ( hemorroids/piles are actually varicose veins of the anus). Alternatively your doctor must refer you to a specialist surgeon to have the piles removed.