Question
Posted by: CHALENE CARDOSO | 2011/04/07

Experiencing pains

Hello Doctor, I fell backwards on my Coccyx on 27 Feb 2011 (it''s now 7 April) and i am still in pain when sitting on any hard surface or on anything that puts pressure in that area. The pain is worse once i try to get up, once i am sitting i can cope but to move and raise myself up off the chair, ground etc the pain intensifies. I can lie down and sleep fine. Should I have an exray or is it just the kind of injury that takes long to heal? I am making use of a " ring/doughnut"  cushion but it does not offer much relief.

Expert ImageOrthopaedic Specialist Forum

It sounds like you have a fracture of the coccyx. YOu should see an orthopedic surgeon to verify the diagnosis. Those injuries do take a long time to become painless. The ring cushion is what is usually given to relieve the pain while sitting but if you do not get relief from that you better see the specialist soon

1
Posted by: Orthopaedic Specialist Forum | 2011/04/07

Reply to Orthopaedic Specialist Forum