Question
Posted by: SHOULD i WORRY? | 2008/10/13

Experiencing a slight burny feeling

Hi Doc,
I have had a slight burny feeling in the anal area for 2 days, this morning after I got out of bead, went to the bathroom, and felt what I thought was a vaginal discharge, but on investigation, i noticed that it was runny faeces( as spontaneous as a vaginal discharge would be) I did have a bowel movemet about 30 minutes later, was not runny. I do have IBS, but not very bad.Also For past few days,a little gas, and slight burning in anal area after gas release.
I am female, in my mid to late fifties, small build.

Please advise

Dear Should I worry
One sometimes get runny faecies that runs past "normal" stool when there is a high blockage, but it is not normal that it leaked out. Please see your doctor - one should check for impaction (a blockage higher up) with an X/ray of the abdomen and the tonus of the anal sphincter to see if it is working right, and whether you have any abnormal findings in the anal area.