Question
Posted by: Pierre Steyn | 2011/01/11

Expect Anterior Nasal Spine fructure

During rain storm on 20 Dec 2010 I sliped on the stairs leading to front door and fell. My nose (uper lip) smashed into the stair edge.
Upper Lip was swolen and blue, but was normal after two days. After a month I do not experience pain, but sensitivity when blowing or moving my nose. I expect I broke the tip of the Anterior Nasal Spine bone (Wikipedia!). Questions: Will it heal without support(Plaster)? If not, what advise could you render?

Hallo Pierre
It will normally heal by itself but have x/rays taken anyway, if the septum is skew, you may develop chronic problems like chronic sinusitis and or headaches. They usually won't treat it until the initial injury has healed - if the septum is skew, they may need to fix it with a small operation.

2
Posted by: Pierre | 2011/01/12

Thanks Dr Bets. Will do when in town again
Pierre

Reply to Pierre
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/01/11

Hallo Pierre