Posted by: Plum | 2012-11-26

Expanding vagina

Hi Doctor,

My vagina seems to be growing big. I don''t know if it becasue I stay with my boyfriend I wasn''t staying with since last year, as a result we have sex often, almost everyday. Now it seems to be very big. I was using regular size in tampons and it used to feel tight, now I can use super and not feel pain at all. Is this normal? what can I do to make it smaller and normal again? Am scared my boyfrend will loose interest in sleeping with me. Is there a cream I can use just to tighten the muscles?

The Vaginal Muscles tend to relax over time – the muscle group in reference is called the PC Muscles and like any muscle needs to be strengthened to maintain its strength. Most women tend to experience a weakening of these muscles overtime and would benefit from doing exercises specifically focusing on the PC Muscles. The exercises that work specifically for these muscles are called Kegel-excercises – You can google “Kegel exercises for women” and you will find several pages that discuss and explain how it works and how to go about doing these.

For further information please consult SASHA’s website at For referral to a professional in your vicinity, please send an email to