Posted by: Paul | 2009-04-14

Exitment towards pee

Good day.
My puppy (6 months old) doberman pincher sometimes gets so exited when he sees me that he starts peeing. This only happens if im away from the house and only once then when im at home and he sees me he is fine. What is this and will it stop or what?

Dear Paul

Ignore him when you get home till this behaviour stops.

Posted by: Megs | 2009-04-14

Yip, it' s a normal puppy thing and it should pass the older he gets.

I have an 8 month old border collie and he used to pee when he got excited or a bit scared, it' s pretty normal for puppies!

Although if it carries on into adulthood, I would get it checked out, although it sounds like he is just excited to see you and loves you, which is great!

Reply to Megs