Question
Posted by: overtired | 2011/02/07

exhausted

I went to my GP in November and had some blood test done as i was concerned that i was able to donate blood (they told me my iron was too low) and i was feeling extremely tired.
The test came back saying that my thyroid levels were low, but we didnt rush into medication and we said we would do another check now in Feb. the thing is i still feel tired and some days moving around is a mission. I have 2 children aged 5 and 16 months so i have to keep busy with them and it is such a mission for me. There was one day about a week ago that i woke up and was full of energy and took full advantage of it, i havent felt like that in ages and i havent felt like that since that day. Could it be the Mirena that is causing all the chaos with my body? and now and again i get a bruise sort of feeling on the right side of my head, is it maybe blood pressure issues? or should i just go back and do tests again?
Thank-You

Hallo overtired
The most common causes of tiredness are low iron, low thyroid hormone levels, not sleeping well or not sleeping enough, diabetes, low blood pressure, heart problems or an underlying viral infection. I think your doctor should follow up on the thyroid function and maybe check for the other causes too if needed.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/02/07

Hallo overtired