Posted by: jade | 2008-12-06

exersice and weight

hey diet doc!

im 15years old 164cm and about 56kg about 6months ago i was told by a dieticain that i had signs of being anerexic, i have put on bout 9kg since then and now trying to eat properly, atm i have been trying to eat the right amound of calories so to control my weight i have been exersicing lots to try stay the same weight, because i find it hard to control how much i eat (running and walking around 20km a day and doing atleast 20min of stomach exersice) but i keep telling myself im not going to exersice so much or eat as much but it never seems to happen, i just want to be able to have moderate exersice bout 5km a day and 20min of stomach exersice and eat around 2000cal if i dont exersice i find it really easy to eat that amount, but when i exersice i get REALLY hungry. what should i do? because i want to keep exersicing. also is running 2.5km in 9:56c a good time? thanks!

Dear Jade
Your present BMI = 20,8, which is excellent. If you do run for 20 km a day then it is normal and natural for you to get VERY HUNGRY because you use up so much energy. If you find that you cannot keep control of your energy intake at 2000 kcal per day and exercise more moderately doing only 5 km a day, then I fear that you still have underlying psychological tendencies either related to the anorexia or a type of obsessive-compulsive disorder. Have you ever chatted to a clinical psychologist about your obsession with not-eating, eating and excessive exercise? If not, then it may be a good time to do this so that you can get help to sort out the underlying psychological problems that are making you "fall off the rails". Do this now, so that you can live the rest of your life without being a prisoner of your food intake and exercise output.
Your time is amazing.
Take care