Question
Posted by: KITTY | 2009-04-02

Exercising in the Morning

Hallo there.
Just want to know something. I recently started exercising in the morning, instead of the afternoons, as I have too much to do when I get home from work. The thing is, by 10:00 in the morning, I' m soooo sleepy, I could just lay my head down on my table, and fall asleep for 2 hours. I do eat healty. Is there any vitamins that will help with the sleepyness. Maybe Iron or multi-vitamings or something?

You advice will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Kit

Hi Kiet

I think part of it is energy intake. Perhaps you're just not eating enough after training. You will obviously use up a lot of energy during the exercise session and if you don't replace it, then it's not unexpected that your blood sugar levels will fall and you'll experience this tiredness. My advice is to eat as soon as you can after training, a proper breakfast, and then plan another small snack (maybe a sandwich, some fruit) at about 9h30, because then you'll top up your energy reserves.

Also remember that your body might just need some time to adjust to this and so it should improve naturally, but the diet is a big part of it.