Question
Posted by: Michelle | 2008-11-20

Exercising 3 days in a row or not

I am exercising (running) 3 days a week for 40 minutes each day on the treadmill. Am busy with the Shape 10km challenge. This week I exercised Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Should I rather exercise every 2nd day. Does it matter?

hI Michelle

You can, many people do. It depends on the person. A lot of people would fail if they didn't rest at least every third day, others can do 6 days a row. Elite athletes training twice a day for 13 days. The difference is individual. My advice is to try it with caution, and if you feel a little flat or tired, then rest, and don't try it again for a little while. Rather give your body a chance to adapt and once you get fitter, then you'll be able to get three straight days in a row in.