Question
Posted by: Tasha | 2010-10-25

Exercising

Hi! Doc, It''s been a month since I''ve joined Virgin Active &  here''s what I''ve been doing every week: Mondays: 45min-Taebo, Tuesdays: 45min-Taebo, Wednesdays: 45min-Taebo, Thursdays: it''s rest days, Fridays: 45min-Taebo, I also drink lots of water during the day &  during these classes, am I doing this wrongly, pls advise me.....

Hi tasha

No, not at all. It sounds pretty good to me. Nothing wrong in terms of what you're doing, how much you're doing.

I guess a lot depends on what you're trying to achieve. You're training 4 days a week, which is good. Each session is 45 minutes to an hour long, which is good. The intensity is probably pretty decent, and so on paper, all looks good.

You might find that over time, you need to increase the number of sessions - add one day a week over the weekends, perhaps, of walking or jogging outdoors (the variety is more important than the actual training in this case).

You also need to look at diet - I assume that most of this is aimed at losing weight and toning up, and for that, you're on the right track. Diet is crucial, however, and so that needs to be addressed.

Finally, just keep focus on your fitness. If you are getting fitter, stronger, then you're heading in the right direction. The rest will take care of itself!