Question
Posted by: Chantelle | 2010/10/14

Exercising

I do about one hour''s cardio (high intensity) three days per week. I also do 30 min cardio and 45 min weight (light), and conditioning three days per week. I alternate the exercises, but always rest for one day. I consume about 1900 kCal per day, is that sufficient? I am a 33 year old woman, 158cm tall, weighs 55kg. I know I am not over weight, neither under, but I want to tone. Do I need to bring my intake up or is it sufficient as is for muscle building?

Dear Chantelle
You do indeed have an ideal BMI of 22, so your weight is excellent. You will tone your body with the exercises, without having to change your diet. However, if you should start losing weight or feel very tired after your exercise sessions then do increase your energy intake slightly to about 2000 kcal per day and make a point of having a bit more carbohydrate-rich food (not foods high in fat) to sustain your exercise programme.
Keep up the good work

1

Dear Chantelle
Keep up the good work