Question
Posted by: ANON | 2010/09/13

exercising

I a 32 yrs old and need to loose about 22kg. I am seeing a dietician who has given my a eating plan. In the first two weeks I lost 1.7kg without much exercise. I have just finished week 3 and I have not lost anything.

This week I am wanting to start exercising. I have started to take a 30min walk during my lunch break at work. I skip for about 10min and do about 150 skips, I have a stationery bike and cycle for another 15 min. Is this enough to loose weight.

Hi anon

Don't get caught up in the numbers too much. Especially early on, some weeks will be good, others won't be. It might be all water, or just timing of when you weighed yourself. It's too short a time period for there to be meaningful changes, so just set your stall out for say, a 3 month period and then assess if it's working or not, because unfortunately, the body doesn't change as quickly as we'd like it to!

The walk is great, keep doing that and as you get fitter, maybe it will even become a jog! And the cycle is also good, that too will increase in duration as you get stronger and fitter.

For now, though, diet is probably more vital, so start the exercise, but focus on getting fitter, eating well and as I say, don't become caught up in the scale and numbers. You're doing the right things, so give it some months and then judge its progress.

Ross

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2010/09/20

Hi anon

Ross

Reply to fitnessdoc