Posted by: Want to know | 2009-01-12

exercises for boys at age 13

At what age can boys start weight training? Any recommended fitness program for boys at the age of 13 training for rugby and cricket.

I wouldn't say he needs it right now. Body weight exercises and normal activity are fine at that age. There's little to be gained from pushing someone so young into weight work. I'd suggest that he continue to play, and train, because he'll be doing quite a lot of work in training that will help his growth. By the age of 16 he can start to look at what he might do to become stronger. Also, bear in mind that he will not have specialised into any roles yet - either in rugby or cricket, so what is the purpose of strength training? I'd wait longer and just encourage play and participation for now.

Posted by: Zexeon | 2009-01-13

I would think that he could start weight trainning as soon as he stopped growing. The schools most probably train them unless you are homeschooling him?

Reply to Zexeon