Posted by: C | 2009-04-06

Exercises damaging knees?

I want to to know if " frog sits, frog jumps and bunny hops"  are bad for my knees or any other part of my body? They work miracles for leg strength, but I' ve been told that it might damage my knees? I only do them twice a week when in training class, but not as part of my training at home.

If you overdo them, then yes, they will be. You have to be careful to overload the joint (That's true for any joint, not just knees).

Twice a week is probably OK, and also you probably don't do too many of them. I'd say keep them going, because if you do them in the right amounts, then they actually help strengthen the knees. It's just a question of not overdoing it. But you'll know when that point comes, because your legs and knees will start to hurt, so just listen for that, and you should be OK.