Question
Posted by: Lyn | 2010-05-03

exercises

Dear Doc,

I have a knee operation(it`s 4 months after operation). Procedure: Chondroplasy R - Knee
Please see Results after evaluation.

1) Right Knee flexion is 95 degrees, GOAL: it must be a 105 degrees
2) Calfs: GOAL: Need to work on Calfs suppleness/flexible
3) Left itb is to tight
4) Right glut is to tight
5) Hamstring Right is to weak
6) Left gluteus maximus is to weak
7) Right gluteus medius is to weak
8) Vmo - need to work on it
9) Right tibialis anterior is to weak

What tipes of exercises will be the best - for me to be able to reach my goals.

Kind Regards

Hi Lyn

It's impossible to prescribe rehabilitation exercises over the internet. I'm afraid you really need to see someone - you've had all these tests done, evaluations and follow-up procedures, and now it's time to speak to those same people about rehabilitation.

Many of your assessment results are not even related to the knee surgery - they could be a result of inactivity. So there are two things required - exercise to improve the strength and flexibility of the knee, and exercise to improve other functions, like that ITB and gluteus weaknesses.

So my advice, as much as I hate passing the buck, is that you need to see a biokineticist. You have a very conprehensive set of results there - the job is half done, now it's a matter of exercising and for that, internet advice won't be enough.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2010-05-05

Hi Lyn

Reply to fitnessdoc