Question
Posted by: Bongi | 2012/09/25

Exercise suppliments

Hi doc,

Last week I was handed an excercise suppliment sample at gym that I tried on Saturday. Normally if I really push myself I can run 15km, after which I feel like I could die. But with this suppliment I could do 21km!!! Now my question is - did I burn any calories (fat) from my body during this run or was I just utilising the suppliment? Can you lose weight if you take suppliments before exercising? Was it me running or was it the suppliment?

Dear Bongi
I do think it was you running. However, you need to be careful of taking supplements that contain ingredients that can make you exercise beyond your normal limits as this can lead to Very Negative Effects such as heat exhaustion, collapse and even death. Please take the supplement to your chemist and ask him/her what the ingredients do to your physiological reactions. One of the problems with these super-boosters is that you no longer 'hear' the signals your body gives you to stop when it is tired. If we were machines we would be able to work and exercise nonstop, but we are human beings and have to respect our limits.
Take care

2
Posted by: Shams | 2012/10/16

johnluke1169 on December 30, 2010 We can see that the Health Care Reform Law permits the euixcteve branch to directly deal with health care insurance companies to keep health insurance rates affordable for all Americans. Instead of wanting to repeal this law critics need to work with the implementation of it.

Reply to Shams

Dear Bongi
Take care