Posted by: Unique | 2011-06-27

exercise (possible insulin resistant

Is there a specific exercise schedule that I can follow. I PCOS which is linked to insulin resistance. I get exhausted very quickly and for long periods when I try to exercise. This is nor normal kind kind of tired for a person that started exercise ( I know normal tired as I used to do road running) this EXHAUSTED even if I walk on threadmill for 20 minutes.

Supervised exercise is the best way to start, hate to say. I know that's passing the buck, but the exercise programme has to be quite nuanced given the condition, and so that's why having an expert guide you, even observe you in the first few sessions is the best.

Insulin resistance doesn't cause that kind of fatigue per se, either. I wonder if there's not some other complication and that insulin resistance is part of it. I assume it's been medically evaluated, but I'd look at that again. Certainly, starting from scratch is super tough, and it's really difficult to overcome that initial barrier. But it sounds like you have an extreme form, and I think that needs a closer look.