Posted by: Aldes | 2010-01-25

Exercise plan

I' ve joined Weight watchers and have managed to shed 2,5kg in two weeks with another 18kg to go! I would like to add some exercise to speed up the process. How do I compile an exercise plan? I need to focus on my hips, bottom and thighs. I have a treadmill but no gym in our town. Do I jog or walk? I am only 1,5m what would be optimal speeds for walking or jogging? Who would be able to put together a plan for me? I am nervous that if I start exercising it will slow down my weightloss...

Hi Aldes

The best bet is to refer to the website and then click on Fitness. You'll be taken to a page with a number of programmes, the link is on the left hand side of the page. Depending on your preference for what kind of activity, you can select one of these programmes. It sounds like running is the best option for you, at least to begin with. Mya dvice is to go for maybe a 5km programme, and then start with a mix of walking and jogging. The programme will give you this.

The exercise won't slow the weight loss, don't worry. You need to focus on fitness, and not the number on the scale though. Remember that if you exercise, you'll probably want to eat more and so you need to marry the programme with the right diet - many people make the mistaken of over-compensating by eating too much, and that's why weight loss is slower. DOn't make that mistake, and you'll lose more weight, and best of all, you'll keep it off!

GOod luck