Posted by: Hanly | 2009-03-31

Exercise (less than 2 years)

Hello! I would like to know, I was in a situation where I really didn' t had time(due to traveling to work), money (for gym) and energy to exercise the last 2 years of my life. I really did very very little and mostly than walking sitting and driving (sometimes I' ll jog). My question is: would 2 years of not enough exercise be harmful over a long period of time? And is it reversible should I start again. Background, I' m 25 female, eating overall very health and not fat (yet there where times where I didn' t had much to eat or health enough). But I want to start very slowly again. Kind Regards!

Dear Hanly
At your age, if you are exercising regularly now, the 2 years that you did not exercise will not have a huge influence on the long term.