Question
Posted by: Thes | 2009/02/06

exercise but not loosing

Today is my 4th week that I go to gym every day but Im not loosing it' s more like Im getting fatter please help

Dear Thes
If you exercise without also using an energy-reduced, low-fat diet, then you may not lose weight although you will probably firm up nicely. The sensation of 'getting fatter' can also be due to muscle development and muscle tissue weighs more than fat tissue, so you may weigh more, but actually be losing fat. Use a good slimming diet and keep up the good work in the gym (concentrate on doing cardio exercises as these burn more energy than working with weights) and you will start losing kgs.