Question
Posted by: Not sure | 2008/10/16

Exercise and period

Dear Doc, I am on my second course of Fertomid 50mg. The medication is working and ovulation is positive. My first day of my last period was on the 14/09. I have recently started to gym and my body has been taking strain for the past month. Monday I had an upset stomach, lights cramping, tiredness and headaches. I thought I had a stomach bug or side effects from the stringent exercise due to my body not being used to it. Considering that I haven’ t had my period again I had a pregnancy test yesterday afternoon- it was negative.

Could exercise be the cause of the delay in my period? If I was pregnant, shouldn’ t the test have shown by now?

Thanks for your assistance.

The test should be positive if you were pregnant. but perhaps you could test again in a few days to be sure. Strenuous exercise can cause a late period.