Posted by: GSD | 2009-02-10

Exercise and feeding advise

I normally walk my dogs daily between 18H00 and 19H00 I then feed them when we return from the walk. Now because of my work and the rainy weather sometimes it is not possible to walk them in the evening. I`d like to know if walking them in the morning around 5H00 will upset them in anyway especially taking into account that in the mornings they are only fed at around 8H00? I think they`ve gotten used to the idea that when we return from walking they get something to eat. Will it upset their “ consistency”  to feed them two hours after walking?

Dear GSD

Its a dog, treat it as such. What do you think dogs in the wild will do if they only get food 2 hours after running around?

Posted by: WR | 2009-02-10

Firstly: How old are they?

If older than 18 months - you only need to feed them once a day really.
I like feeding &  excercising mine in the mornings - they sleep most of the day - and at night they' re mostly awake (or rather more awake) and thus alert.

Reply to WR
Posted by: Chill | 2009-02-10

Does it rain less in the mornings?

Reply to Chill