Posted by: Thandi | 2009-09-08

Exercise and Diet

I am on a high protein, very low carb diet based on my blood type. I have calculated the total calories per day and it comes to about 800calories in total. Is it necessary to exercise if you are taking in less calories?

Dear Thandi
If you only ingest 800 kcal a day you won't have the energy to do any exercise. I must say that I am not in favour of any aspect of the diet you are using - the low energy content, the high protein content (which automatically entails a high fat intake) and the fact that this is supposedly based on your blood type (this theory is not scientifically proven). Although I am sure you will lose weight, but I am just worried that you will develop deficiencies, suffer from constipation and bad breath, feel exhausted all the time and not be able to sustain this diet.
Take care