Question
Posted by: Liané  van Zyl | 2011-04-04

EXERCISE &  COUGHING

goodmorning,

i have a strange situation... i recently went in for an operation and couldn''t exercise for 6 weeks (i am always very active). i lost 3kg and didn''t have any problem with a sinus drip.

as soon as i started running and gymming again, my sinus drip and cough AND 3kg came back (oh the irony...). the problem is that one of the procedures was a TVT and the doctor said i should watch out for a chronic cough because that''s probably what caused the problem in the first case. i wake myself up at night from coughing. i don''t have anymore money to see a doctor (R10 000.00 hospital bill.... that''s all i''m going to say) so if i can fix this myself then awesome.

could this coughing be from my sinus? and how can i bring it under control?

thank you!

Liane van Zyl

It is possible that your sinus infection is the cause for your coughing and you can use Nasonex nasal spray but if this does not clear up your sinus drip within a month, you should consult your doctor.