Question
Posted by: W | 2011-08-12

Exercise after meal

Any advise from anyone please. Ho wlong do I have to wait after supper at night to do my exercise (cardio, weights, sometimes just streches) as this is the only time I can exercise.

Hi W

It differs for different people - some are able to train soon after eating, others can't because of stomach problem. You'd have to figure out what your limit is. It will also depend on the food you ate, and the type of training you do. Obviously, for stretches, and weight training, you can eat much closer to training than for cardio. And a high protein meal means a longer wait, normally. I'd say about an hour is a starting time point, then figure out if you can get away with less or if you need more.

Also, good idea is to eat something small after training if you can, just a light snack.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2011-08-23

Hi W

Reply to fitnessdoc