Question
Posted by: mso | 2009/11/11

exercise after a cs

hi, i delivered exactly 10 weeks ago, my 3rd cs and i started aerobics exercises last week. it was a struggle but i managed five straight days.this week am tired but stronger.
1.is it too soon to exercise?
2.my back pains when i do step aerobic, should i stop steps or exercising as a whole?
3.my pubic bone was extremely painful while pregnant and after but i have had no pain since i started gyming, what' s up wit that?
4.what exercises should i avoid and until when?

Hi mso

1. No, probably not, although it sounds as though it may have been too soon for you to go straight in at 5 days. Remember, you'd probably been resting for 10 weeks, plus the time before that, and to go in at 5 days is tough. Probably 3 days a week for 2 weeks, then 4 days a week for the next 2 would be a safer way to start.

2. That might be caused by having rested and 'detrained' and you now need to ease your way back in. It's hard to start at the same level you ended off with, because your body is not at that level.

3. Honestly, no idea. I'd say it's a good thing though. Maybe it's from pressure, general inflammation.

4. If your back is hurting, then I'd be cautious with the higher impact stuff, like aerobics and running, at least for a couple of weeks. But you don't need to avoid anything, rather just manage certain activities and avoid overdoing it, and you should be ok.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2009/11/15

Hi mso

Reply to fitnessdoc