Question
Posted by: Mia | 2012/02/22

exercise

Hi! Doc, I have a 6 months old baby &  it''s been only 2 months since I went back 2 the gym &  this is my programme, Mondays: 1 hour weightlifting including stomach exercises, Tuesdays: 30 min weightlifting including stomach exercises, then another 30 min Taebo, Wednesdays: 1 hour weightlifting including stomach exercises, Thursdays: 30 min weightlifting including stomach exercises, then 45 min spinning, Fridays: 30 min weightlifting including stomach exercises, then 30 min Taebo &  Im not on any diet, I just drink lots of water &  eat normal &  not a fan of junk foods at all, am I on the right track?.

Hi Mia

It sounds good. You're training every day, you are split probably 50-50 between cardio training and weight training, and so the balance is there. The training seems relatively intense, and so all the elements are there. I think you'll have to see how it goes and then fine-tune based on the results in say 4 weeks, and again at 3 months. The things to think about are adding some variety, maybe having a week every month where you have a cardio focus and do less weights, and then a week where it's weight focused, things like that, but those are nuances and little things that you can play with if it's working.

1
Posted by: Talian | 2012/03/11

Good luck with the weight loss, just rzliaee that 2 pounds per week is a pretty ambitious goal  don''t do anything too unhealthy.The reason smokers who quit gain weight is because they''re used to having something to do with their hands and their mouths puffing and holding cigs. When you stop that habit, most smokers want something to do with their hands and mouths, and that usually means eat. It appears that you do the same thing use smokes to stop going in the fridge.''Think instead about replacing smokes with something healthy and low calorie to keep your hands and mouth busy many smokers chew gum or nibble on high fiber, low calorie snacks like rice cakes or unsalted popcorn.Good luck!

Reply to Talian