Posted by: Mia | 2011-11-29

Hi! Doc, today is my second day at the gym after 4 months of maternity leave, I''ve decided to take things easy, just do 45 min spinning 5 days per week only, until I''ve adjusted. Is this enough for someone in my situation. Pls advise........

Hi Mia

I think going straight in after 4 months and doing 5 days a week is probably too much, though a lot depends on the intensity with which you train. Truth is, every second day to begin with is the safest way to go, and then if you feel on top of that, then you can do more. But, having given it some time (sorry for the delay - I missed these questions while overseas), you should by now have a clearer idea of what you can manage, and have hopefully made the right adjustments!