Question

Exercise

Hello Dr.

As I am fasting this month (abstaining from eating between sunrise 0620 and sunset 1800) I woudl like to know if it would be safe for me to workout (cycling and light weights) in the evenings or is it not recommended? I assume waiting for an hour after eating would be sufficient before working out?

Many Thanks

I think light exercise for the next month will be safe. You will have to eat foods with a low GI count, as these foods are slowly metabolised, giving energy for a longer period of time. Remember to stay well hydrated and consume electrolyte replacement fluids, like Rehydrate, especially after exercise.