Question
Posted by: Sue | 2011/05/12

Exercise

Dear Doc, I don''t excercise at all, I just don''t have the time and I don''t like the gym, I prefer my privacy. I have a teabo dvd and the only time I can use it is at night after doing all my night duties. When is the best time to do the excercise, before or after I have supper.
Thank You

Hi Sue

Practically, it's easiest before, because the earlier you get it out the way, the better, just because training too late can interfere with sleep. Also, if you train and then eat, then it shortens your day - the reality is that you'd have to eat a little after training too, just to help with recovery, so this adds minutes and energy to your day.

So all in all, if you can train before you eat, then it's good. But realistically, if that's a time issue, or if you find that you can't eat after training, or if you find that preparing the food after training is a big hassle, then adjust your day to suit your preference. I guess the key is to make sure the session is done, regardless of when it is done!

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2011/05/12

Hi Sue

Reply to fitnessdoc