Question
Posted by: berni | 2010-10-27

exercise

my husband needs to have specific exercises worked out for him as he has diabetes but he gets bored quickly. do we need to speak to a biokineticist and do medical aids cover this.

Hi Berni

I think speaking to a bio would be an excellent idea, only because of the diabetes, and it's always good to know you're starting out facing the right direction.

Whether or not medical aids cover it, I don't know. I suspect not (though they should), but you might be surprised. They may cover an assessment with the bio, follow-ups, that kind of thing, I guess it depends on the medical aid.

Re the boredom, the single most effective thing he can do is to find a friend or a group of friends to train with. A colleague from work during lunch hour, maybe even you! That is without doubt the best way to keep the motivation high.

1
Posted by: .. | 2010-11-11

yes, the biokineticist would be able to set up a programme. i''m pretty sure medical aid covers it....but double check before.

Reply to ..