Posted by: SJ | 2009-09-15

i started to exercise last week and im really enjoying it (im doing 60 minutes of kick boxing and tai chi every day)

My problem is that now i want to exercise more. Im getting very frustrated only being able to exercise in the afternoons, i dont have time in the mornings, are there are any exercises you can think of that i could do in my office in free moments, please bear in mind that i am female in a corporate environment so i have to dress " pretty"  so nothing that involves rolling around on the floor :)

who knew exercise was so addictive?

Be patient! It's only been a week, and it is fabulous that you are so committed to it, and enjoying it so much, but you just need to give it some time. If you overdo it, the danger is that you'll get injured, and then the problem is that you'll be forced to miss exercise altogether, and that would be really frustrating.

So my advice is to continue with what you're doing, and if you want to feel empowered at work, try taking healthier options, like the stairs instead of the lift, or go to the supermarket 5 minutes away instead of using the cafeteria 200m away, or go for regular walks to clear your head, things like that.

And then rather save that extra energy up for your training in the afternoons. I am just concerned that you'll be too involved early and overdo it.

Good luck, and keep it up!

Posted by: C | 2009-09-15

It' s very interesting - martial arts in particular do something to woman. I know exactly what you are talking about as I have also become addicted and it is my passion. I regularly close my office door and do some stretching, my stances and kicks, provided your clothes are not toooo tight. Will be interesting to see what DOC suggests.
Keep it up SJ, you will soon get moments when you want to quit, but just keep on pushing yourself !

Reply to C