Question
Posted by: Rita | 2008/09/10

exercise

Thanks for this forum. I am overweight, and am trying to lose weight. I have started exercising regulalry, but I find I suffer from slight urinary incontinence when I exercise for more than half an hour. Why is this?

Expert ImagezIncontinence

Pelvic floor muscles help prevent urinary incontinence if there is not other primary problems. Incontinence happens when the pelvic floor muscles get weak and cause you to leak urine. Pregnancy, childbirth, and being overweight can weaken pelvic floor muscles in women. Urinary incontinence is embarrassing, but it can be treated. Pelvic floor muscles are like other muscles-exercise can make them stronger. Keep within your normal weight range. Extra weight puts more pressure on your pelvic floor. Overweight women often say that their symptoms improve once they have lost some weight. Your GP/dietician will be able to tell you whether you are an acceptable weight for your height. Depending on her pelvic floor weakness muscles pinchers is most of the time not the correct type system to follow.