Question
Posted by: Anon | 2011-12-05

Execrices for weight loss

Dear Fitness Doc
What r the best exercises 2 do @ the gym 2 maximise weight loss. Ive been working out (monstly spinning &  vbox classes) 4 as long as i can remember have seen no wight loss results. Any suggestions?

Diet is probably more effective for weight loss than exercise is for a number of reasons. If you can control energy intake and composition, then you can achieve far more rapid results from exercise. One of the problems with exercise is that as you train, you increase appetite and so exercise often gets cancelled out by diet. So getting a grip on diet is really vital.

What you're doing in training is the right thing - the combination of spinning and vbox is hitting hte right notes of cardio training. I don't know how often you do it, but that's the right type.

Therefore, failure to lose weight probably points to diet as the missing element. Either a dietician, or first making healthy diet choices and seeing where that gets you to begin with.

2
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2012-01-06

Reply to fitnessdoc
Posted by: Alicia | 2011-12-09

Hi there,

I had the same problem for a while, but then I started doing weight training, and I lost 7kg! I have also read an article in the Woman''s health Magazine of this month, where they confirm this.
I studied sport science, so I know how to do the exercises correctly.

I would suggest that you do some research on the correct technique when you want to start doing weights, or ask one of the floor trainers, at virgin active for example, to help you. (that is also what I did)

Remember, heavier is always better... anything up to 4kg in my opinion is a waste of time. I f you can do more than 15 reps in a set, go heavier. I do not know why women are always scared of going heavier.

this is merely my opinion, so maybe check with a professional before you start.

I hope it made a difference.  -)

Reply to Alicia