Question
Posted by: Simon | 2008/11/23

Excrutiating back pain wakes me up every morning

For the last two months I have been woken every morning with back pain. It feels as though the pain stretches out from the spine and spreads over my ribs. I have had anti-inflamitories and muscle relaxants and the doctors has checked my xrays and says he can see nothing wrong. What could it be and who should I go and see to get this sorted out?

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Simon

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I recommend that you make an appointment with an orthopaedic surgeon, in order to have a CT scan of your spine this, in order to determine the cause of your pain.

Kind regards