Posted by: dot | 2008-12-10

Hi. I have been seeing this guy but I am confused as to whether we are in a relationship or not. Other guys are asking me out and Im not going because I think I am seeing someone. We spend a lot of time together, I get invited to friends of his, he holds my hand when out, but we have not spoken about exclusivity. Does this still happen? I asked him a while back and his words were: " I dont want to be constrained and neither do you" . What does that mean? That was about 3 weeks ago though, things have progressed since then. Should I ask him again?

Not my area of expertise, but surely other readers can advise here, if they haven't all left early for the Holidays ?

Posted by: Um | 2008-12-10

Yes, ask him. Tell him that other men are interested too, is he dating other women? You have to consider what you want at this stage, do you want to be exclusive with this man or any other for that matter? Yes? Then you should ask him and not waste your time, if he can' t give you straight answers I' d say give him more time. If it persists for months and still no definite answer, then cut off whatever it is you have - he' s got commitment issues.

Reply to Um