Posted by: Melani | 2009-01-27

i work for an employer where the normal hours of work are07:15-16:15.
My hours of work are 8-3, but i am considered a part-time employee. I am however, permanent.

There are no formal rules in place iro eligibility to the Pension Fund, just a spoken one that part-time employees do not qualify to be on the Pension Fund.
I belong to a company to is a member-company of a bigger group Pension fund.

The rules of the Fund state that an employee is eligible to be on the fund, who :
1) is on the full-time permanent staff of the EMPLOYER, and
2) who falls within the eligibility categories specified by hiis EMPLOYER.

Please advise me on whether I am eligible to join the pension fund, and enjoy the benfit of my companies contribution, that other permanent members of staff enjoy ?

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

You should be eligible to join the pension fund, it is suggested that you contact the Pension Fund Ombudsman's office.