Question
Posted by: concerned weighty | 2010/09/13

Excessive weight gain

I need your advise please. About a year ago, just out of the blue, I picked up about 4 kg''s in a month - 6 weeks. I went to see my GP, and did some tests, everything seemed normal. He put on Ciplatrim, and I lost the weight that I had picked up and maintained my weight. When my script was finished, i picked up again and my gp prescribed it again, and again I lost and maintained. Now I''m off it again, and don''t want to go back on it again. What could the possible cause be for this weight gain. If anything I''ve tried to improve my diet, whereby I don''t as much junk food as I used to and really try to watch what I eat. I do take in sufficent fluids, 2l water a day.

Dear Concerned Weighty
Did anything in your life change at the time when you first started to pick up weight? Did you change your job, have an emotional trauma, lose a friend, start taking any other medications, stop doing regular exercise - anything that could have altered your metabolism and/or psychological makeup??? If nothing at all changed one year ago, then this is indeed a strange situation. I can only recommend that you make sure that you do not ingest more than 1500 kcal (6300 kJ) per day and do at least 30 min of aerobic exercise a day (e.g. skipping, brisk walking, swimming, cycling, etc) to both stimulate your metabolism and keep your weight down.
Holding thumbs

1

Dear Concerned Weighty
Holding thumbs