Posted by: Loyiso | 2011-09-07

Excessive sweating at night

I am extremely concerned by having night sweats at night. It''s been 3 weeks now where i wake up to find i am wet, and even have to change my sheets. I first attributed this to alcohol consumption during weekends but that normally happens to me for only 2 days after drinking. i couldn''t imagine this going on indefinitely as it happens now.As a result of this, i am now always feverish because i can''t sleep well under the blankets while i''m wet. i have to remove them time and again to allow my body to dry.
I am also a very anxious person and feel depressed from time to time. I can even feel my heartbeat and extreme tension inside my chest before i fall to sleep. I was treated for depression and anxiety before and took medication for it. I go to the gym in the evenings and do a lot of cardio, but that doesn''t take sweating and tension away. Please help and advise.

You should consult your doctor for prescription of an antidepressant and an anxiolytic. Your doctor will also have to test for possible metabolic causes like hyperthyroidism, diabetes and hormonal abnormalities. A tuberculosis test will also have to be done.

Posted by: Joy | 2011-09-07

This is TB Symptoms, I have TB on treatment its my second month and I still sweat a lot at night. Have it checked it might be something else.

Reply to Joy